It is scientifically proven that laughter, not distance, makes the heart grow fonder, so The Fictionals Comedy Co. are excited to present a special pre-Valentine’s Tease edition of Show Us Your Wits at the Rio Theatre! On Wednesday, February 11th, join The Fictionals for The Improv & Burlesque Extravaganza: we will perform a hot set of your favourite improv games, and two of Vancouver’s finest burlesque dancers will turn up the heat! Plus a chance to win some prizes in “Let’s Make A Date”!
On Tuesday, February 14th, The Fictionals celebrated the big day of love by breaking out the tables, ladders and chairs. The talented Lauren McGibbon also dropped in to share the improv love. For all the photos, please click HERE.
1) We’re unleashing some brand new improv games that we have never played as The Fictionals before. Exciting? Slightly dangerous? Just like love – yes!
2) We’ll be giving away a special Valentine’s gift pack to a lucky audience member, and there will be two chances to win tickets to The Fictionals next show: Show Us Your Wits – Sexy, Funny, Cool! Plus there will be free chocolate given out for the best suggestions yelled out by the audience.
3) We have a very special guest joining us for VIFC: the talented and Lauren McGibbon. She performs with Fancy Pants, Vancouver TheatreSports League’s Rookie League, and does hilarious standup all over town! We’re excited to have her.
4) Valentine’s Day Destruction welcomes lovers, pairings, groupings and solos of all types to the show! We don’t discriminate – we love each and everyone of you equally!
5) For the first time in improv comedy history, TABLES, LADDERS and CHAIRS will be used to break funny bones! Yes, The Fictionals will be debuting a brand new long-form improv format for you all to enjoy! Be there for the start of something new!
Look forward to sharing love and laughter with you tomorrow at Cafe Deux Soleils (2096 Commercial Dr). Doors at 7pm, show @ 8pm. Tickets just $5 at the door!