Yes, it’s the time again; time for Show Us Your Wits – Improv and Burlesque extravaganza at Cafe Deux Soleils!
Still pondering if you’re coming out tomorrow night for Show Us Your Wits celebrates World Theatre Day? Relax, we’ve put together a list of five reasons why this is a show not to be missed. Take a read, then make plans to come have a good time! In a somewhat particular order:
1) As the name states, we’re celebrating World Theatre Day and have put together a comedy set that will challenge our collective theatrical abilities. Does an improviser actually know how to read a script? How many accents can we throw into a round of Freeze? Come and discover the answers for yourself!
2) We have two lovely burlesque guests performing for you this month: the multi-faceted, multi-talented Valery Vyntage (dancer, emcee, board member of the Vancouver International Burlesque Festival) and Ruthe Ordare, Vancouver’s divine darling (Kitty Nights, Pandora and the Locksmiths, Beatles Burlesque, Dirty Dancing Burlesque). Each dancer will be showcasing a different side of the theatrical art of burlesque – comical and classic – and we’re excited to have them at Show Us Your Wits for the very first time.
3) We will be joined for the comedy portion of the show by two out-of-town improv talents: Vincent Forcier of Edmonton’s Rapid Fire Theatre and Toronto’s Toby Berner of Urban Improv and Titmouse fame! Both performers are also theatrical actors by trade; Vincent
4) We will be giving away tickets to our next Vancouver Improv Fight Club show: Hip.Bang! vs Justice Pals, happening on April 10th. Fun show + free stuff = awesome!
5) We’re offering $1 off the first drink at Cafe Deux Soleils for all burlesque dancers, improvisers, theatre actors and affiliated folks (producers, stage managers, costumers, etc.) in attendance Show Us Your Wits celebrates World Theatre Day. To prove, please bring in handbill, program, poster or say hi to Daniel Chai Tea.
As always, we look forward to sharing laughter with you tomorrow at Cafe Deux Soleils (2096 Commercial Dr). Doors at 7pm, show @ 8pm. Tickets just $5 at the door!
~ The Fictionals