Tomorrow night (Tuesday, March 13th), two amazing groups from far-away lands (at least 30 minutes by transit) will make their way down to Vancouver Improv Fight Club at Cafe Deux Soleils to strut their stuff, and we hope you’ll be there. If you need more reasons than a night of hilarious comedy mixed with head-to-head combat, here are five important reasons why:
1) The event marks the debut of a brand new championship in the Vancouver Improv Fight Club title stable: King of the ‘Burbs. The winner of the first ever Battle of the ‘Burbs will come back and defend their title at a future event against a new challenger from parts unknown!
2) You will be treated to a short-form improv set by New Westminster’s Unscripted Chaos. Founded in 2010, Unscripted Chaos is made up of six performers who will showcase a series of games and activities designed to test the groups’ mind, wit and skill. Many of these activities incorporate audience participation and interaction into the scenes, so come prepared to be a part of the action.
3) Also making their way to the ring is Sudden Death Improv, hailing from Port Coquitlam. Sudden Death Improv is a dynamic new “Time and Inspiration” format from one of the creative minds behind Second Storey Theatre and Table 23, founded in 1999. For Vancouver Improv Fight Club however, SDI will be flexing their long-form improv muscles, weaving stories and scenes together during their 20 minute set.
4) Tomorrow night will see a special “Ref’s Challenge” being issued to both competing teams. Neither team will know what the challenge is until it is announced during the show, and both will have to accept and incorporate the challenge into their improv set. What could it be? Be there and see for yourself!
5) We will be giving away tickets to our next Fictionals show: Show Us Your Wits celebrates World Theatre Day on Tuesday, March 27th. Fun show + free stuff = awesome!
As always, we look forward to sharing laughter with you tomorrow at Cafe Deux Soleils (2096 Commercial Dr). Doors at 7pm, show @ 8pm. Tickets just $5 at the door!
~ The Fictionals